STREET CLEANING: Maintain sidewalk cleanliness: graffiti, illegal dumping, recycling and trash.
- Creation of a Chinatown "Street Team" that does regular sweeping and steam cleaning of sidewalks in designated areas.
- Implement a sustainable strategy for graffiti abatement.
- Ongoing support for the "PickItUp" Clean Chinatown campaign with OCA: Work with community volunteers to sustain cleanup efforts, train all in using See-Click-Fix.
- Create and brand cleaning tools and outerwear for high visibility of a clean campaign
- Work with City and stakeholders to address high trash, and dumping areas
CULTURAL ARTS ADVANCEMENT / PUBLIC ART / CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS:
- Initiate and support public art projects and events that encourage cultural continuation and innovation in Chinatown cultural arts.
- Identify opportunities for place making in strategic areas of Chinatown
- Visual designs for entire block facelift on 9th and 10th Streets (lighting, awnings and other suggested improvements)
QUALITY OF LIFE / COMMUNITY BUILDING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Identify and implement community driven ideas for public events and projects that encourage community building and public safety through cultural vibrancy. In collaboration with Lincoln Square, Laney College, AYPAL and the SPOT